Coupling with standard hub TSCHAN®-TNS S-St (short hubs)
The intermediate ring can be replaced after shifting a shaft with fitted hub.
- Standard material for intermediate ring: VkR
- Installed size L must be maintained without fail. Axial displacement must be taken into account through allowances for value L
- Torsionally flexible, compensate for angular, radial and axial shaft offset
- Intermediate rings loaded in compression
- Elastomers available in various shore hardness degrees
- Suitable for temperatures from –30°C to +100°C
- Outer diameter up to 400 mm
- Bores up to max. 160 mm
- Torques up to TKn = 13,350 Nm / TKmax = 40,000 Nm
- Speeds up to nmax = 15,000 rpm
The TSCHAN®-TNS coupling is a torsionally flexible, shock-proof claw coupling. It compensates angular, radial and axial shaft misalignment within specified tolerances.
Elastic intermediate ring
With the TSCHAN®-TNS coupling, the torque is transmitted via a compressed elastic intermediate ring. The elastic intermediate ring absorbs shocks and torsional vibrations, is resistant to oil and largely insensitive to temperature.
Polyurethane (Vk..) intermediate rings ensure electrical insulation between connected machines as long as there are no other electrically conductive connections. Intermediate rings made of Buna N (Pb) and of grade VkB are normally electrically conductive and can therefore prevent undesirable electrostatic charges.
No torsional vibrations
The torsional elasticity of the intermediate ring allows dangerous torsional vibrations to be transferred from the operational range of the machines to speed ranges in which negative effects are not to be expected.
Reduction in torque shocks
The elastic intermediate rings have a high internal damping characteristic which limits excessive torsional vibrations on reaching dangerous speed ranges, alleviates torque shocks and rapidly eliminates the oscillation stimulated by such shocks. The propagation of structure-borne sound is prevented.
The strength of different elastomer materials is indicated by their Shore hardness. Elastomers of different strengths are colour-coded for identification. Further details concerning the strength and load capacity are available on request in the technical data sheet.
The elastomer materials used here are suitable for ambient temperatures from -30 °C to +100 °C.
The coupling is balanced to DIN/ISO 1940, G 6.3 and DIN/ISO 8821 if required. Other qualities are available on request.