Smart-Lock-Set: the connection of the future
For the perfect hollow shaft connection, the solid shaft is always manufactured to a high degree of precision, normally with a dimensional tolerance of h6/H6. This close tolerance, high-finish shaft is inserted into the equally close tolerance hollow bore of the gearbox and secured in place by the compressive force of the shrink disc. Only by maintaining the strict dimensional tolerances the full torque capacity can bereliability achieved. Smart-Lock puts an end to all the precision machining involved and guarantees an optimum connection even with clearances up to 0.2 mm/0.007 in.
The flexibility offered by using interchangeable bushings between the solid shaft and the hollow shaft of the gearbox makes the Smart-Lock-Set an invaluable aid to the marketplace. Thanks to the availability of shaft adapter bushings with various inside diameters. One gearbox can be used with a range of shaft sizes without a change out to the shaft or shrink disc. The ease of selecting and using the Smart-Lock-Set is child´s play.
The Smart-Lock-Set is an efficient design that makes economic sense to the user. Not only can it compensate larger dimensional tolerances (up to 0.2 mm/0.007 in.), it also offers significant cost savings by requiring a minimal number of spare parts needed in inventory. Furthermore, inexpensive, cold drawn, commercial available shafting up to quality grade h11 can be utilized without additional machining. The export market also benefits from using Smart-Lock-Set; adapter bushings in inch size standards are readily available from local inventories for countries that don´t use metric measurements. Expensive specials and large spare part inventories are a thing of the past.
Flexible, cost-saving, easy to maintain: Smart-Lock-Set is the new Shaft/Hollow Shaft connection from RINGFEDER®. Cylindrical bushings allow the attachment of hollow shaft gear reducers and other hollow shaft connections to any metric and inch size solid shaft diameter.
- Reliable: Tension-optimized and virtually indestructible shrink discs guarantee the highest possible degree of safety.
- Uncompromising: Cylindrical bushings for a wide range of shaft diameters provide the perfect connection.
- Economical: The Smart-Lock-Set requires minimal labor at installation and reduces spare part inventory costs up to 70 %.
Technical details of the Smart-Lock-Set
For gearbox manufacturers:
- Eight standard sizes of adaptor bushings are available for hollow
shaft outside diameters from 44 to 90 mm.
- Commercially available solid shafting without any machining can
be used. Diameters from 25 to 70 mm are possible.
- The range of transmissible torque is 580 Nm – 5600 Nm.
For users of gearboxes:
- The torque to be transmitted is the criterion used to select the shaft diameter.
- The optimum shaft size for an individual gearbox can be used in connection with the Smart-Lock-Set.
- It is possible to standardize on a certain gearbox size for a range of shaft diameters. The results are lower costs for maintenance and spare parts.